Week In Review - October 25 - 31

Today's post will be very short and sweet as I am chomping at the bit to start my word count for NaNoWriMo and I don't include my posts.

Yesterday (and part of the week leading up to yesterday) was spent with this...


Yep, Halloween and Lady K was Marshall the fire dog from Paw Patrol.  She has Halloween and costumes down pat this year.  She knows about ghosts and spooky and skeletons and CANDY!  So yesterday meant a trip to downtown Helena for the Tikes and Treats put on by the downtown merchants during the day.


She had it down pat and was rearing to go.  Actually, her favorite 'treat' was at Aunt Bonnie's Books where she got to pick a book out of the bin.  She picked Me Too Iguana and at that point was all over no more trick or treating.  She wanted to read the book.  Considering we were only halfway through our 'journey', this posed a bit of a problem.  So our candy collection was cut short (sadly for me and Texter) and we were back home to finish up our decorations and to read the book.  She didn't want us to read it to her, she wanted to read the book. However, when Aunt Savvy got home from work, they all loaded up and walked the neighborhood in search of candy.  I learned about 'teal' pumpkins (non-candy handouts) when they returned.  In the meantime, I handed out candy to a couple of dozen trick or treaters and watched "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (really, really good). Last night, she and I sat in bed and she read her book and I read mine.  I was told to 'read book, gan-ma', so I read my book and she read her's.

As far as the early part of the week - 
  • Finished 3 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Wrote Morning Pages 6 out of 7 days
  • Walked 57,798 steps or 26.43 miles (short of my goal)
  • Got bedroom straightened and shelves hung (thanks Texter)
  • Moved drop-leaf desk into bedroom (off the porch)
  • Lead a pre-NaNo group 
  • Pulled out my Seedcrone story notes in preparation for NaNoWriMo
  • New tires on the car
  • Sweated through Texter's registration for next semester
What I didn't do that I really wanted to accomplish - 
  • Stay current on my QAL blocks (will have to wait until December to play catch-up in all likelihood 
  • Review October goals and set goals for November
For this week - 
  • Lead 2 NaNoWriMo write-ins
  • Grocery shopping and menu planning for November
  • Trip to Missoula for the Krispy Kreme opening (which may be postponed due to the threat of our first snowfall of the year)
  • Bills paid
  • Write, write, write for NaNo (and still do my morning pages)
  • Try one new recipe
  • Go over goals for November
One thing I am working on in the back of my mind, is how I want my calendar/journal set-up to be for 2016.  I am liking the combination of all being in one book and adding my own 'design' for the weeks and journaling, etc.  And I have two lined journals, 7.5 X 9.75", I bought on sale a few weeks ago.  And I have been using the third one as my current journal and calendar.  Kind of a 'one-book July', but all year.  I like having to pick up only one book.  And I have some ideas on refinements for the book for future use.  I am using it through December when I will start a new book for the new year.  So I will see what additions/deletions/changes I want to make between now and mid-December when I set up the new book.  Although I am lusting for a hobonichi

PS.  For the month, 327,034 steps (17,000 over goal!) or 149.86 miles (that's 150 miles as far as I'm concerned).


Comments

Popular Posts