Week in Review - November 1 - 7

On one hand I feel like not much happened the past week, but then I started listing what I did do the past week and it actually amounted to a lot more than I thought!


We had our first snow of the season on Tuesday.  Unfortunately, by occurring on Tuesday, my day for watching Lady K while Texter is in school, I heard "Gran-ma snowing'!" about 6 million times during the day.

Also on Tuesday, I did what I hope is a month's worth of basic grocery shopping.  And then I came home with the groceries and Lady K and I cooked all day.  Pot roast was put in the crock pot for dinner than evening and then I fixed the following for immediate dinners and to put in the freezer -

  • Granny Soup
  • Butternut squash soup (my first attempt at this)
  • Chicken Enchilada Lasagna Roll-Ups (also, my first try on this recipe)
  • Egg Custard Pie
I have the 'stuff' for two more soups, Tuscan Bean and Spicy Tomato, I will probably make next Tuesday and put in freezer.  Also in the freezer is a bunch of boneless pork chop steaks and a pork roast (pork was the 'special' of the week).

For the week, other highlights were - 
  • Ordered turkey from the Real Foods grocery (2nd year of doing so)
  • Walking - 72,400 steps or 33.12 miles
  • Wrote 3 posts, one of which was a book review
  • For NaNoWriMo about 7000 words (need to really ramp up)
  • Lead two write-in sessions for NaNoWriMo at the library
  • Took trash to dump which had accumulated under the carport
  • Planted tulips in the yard before the snow started

I was given some bulbs from a friend who was planting some in honor of her mother who just passed. I planted them all by the front steps in a tiny area I have for flowers. Can't wait for spring now.  Rhubarb and horseradish will be coming in the spring for the yard.  Already planning out beds in my head.  Unfortunately, I have to leave room for Lady K and the dogs.  But it will be doable for some raised veggie/flower beds.

Another fun thing I did this past week was to help 1+1=1 Gallery move artwork to the garden for some renovations they are doing over the next couple of weeks.  It was a bit scary caring some large pieces of ceramics down the basement stairs, especially with the artist standing right there.

And I jumped in front of a food truck last night!  Ok, it's not as dramatic as it seems, but Bad Betty's BBQ was parked in the Gulch last night.  So Texter, Lady K and I bundled up and walked down in the dark to get some BBQ.  We still had a couple of hours before they closed down for the evening.  As we turned the corner to starting walking down Last Chance Gulch to where they were parked, I see their headlights coming toward us.  NOOOOOOOOOOO!

You see, I had tried twice only a week ago the get BBQ.  But a power outage curtailed their scheduled appearance in the Gulch.  Yes, I could drive to other places they were parked, but I walked down from the house TWICE on Halloween to get some BBQ only to be turned away as they weren't serving due to no power.  I wasn't letting pulled pork, ribs, and brisket drive away again.

Luckily, he stopped while Texter is yelling "Mom! Really! Stop!".  It seems they had been called as an emergency food truck to the fair grounds because another vendor didn't show up, but he was willing to pause and let me get a couple of pounds of brisket.  Unfortunately, the parking police were out and chastised him for stopping on the Gulch in an undesignated spot to serve me food.  Lucky for the parking police person I didn't take a bite out of him!

Texter and I carefully took the brisket home where I promptly made me a sandwich and savored every mouthful.  Right now, the rest of the brisket is residing in the fridge and awaiting other meals.


Yesterday, I sent most of the day (between trying to corral Lady K) knitting the Canyon Cowl I promised I would knit last year and watching "Haven" on Netflix (long story behind that selection).  I'm about 3/4 of the way through and will hopefully finish up tomorrow.  I have the Fox Cowl to do next for Texter.

Of course, with NaNoWriMo going on, I am behind on my 1930's Farmer's Wife QAL.  So what do I do, but agree to do a mystery quilt with a friend over the next couple of months.

I had planned on driving to Missoula on Tuesday for the opening of Krispy Kreme Donuts.  Due to the snow, I decided donuts were not that important.  But having next Wednesday off due to Veteran's Day, Texter, Lady K and I will give it another try.  They need to go to Kohl's to get a dress for Christmas (in South Carolina) and I want to do a quick Barnes and Noble stop if possible.  But we are suppose to get snow again on Tuesday, so we will see if I want to give it a try on Wednesday.

For the rest of the week:
  • NaNoWriMo writing!!!!!
  • Host one NaNoWriMo write-in
  • update my list of 1930's Farmer's Wife blocks I am behind on so I know where to start playing catch-up
  • look for batiks for the mystery quilt 
  • update the monthly calendar on the fridge
  • pull out the 'stuff' I have for a baby quilt and get it basted so I can quilt
  • go through my notes for ideas for my 2016 planner/journal
  • Movie - there are a couple out I want to go see




Comments

Popular Posts