No Longer a Quilt Shop Hop Virgin

Yesterday I got my final stamp on my local quilt stores hop 'passport'.  I have never done a 'hop' before and I must say it's fun.  I learned of, and visited, a couple of 'new' stores to me.  I added a few fat quarters to the stash for La Passacaglia mainly.

My last stop was Bird's Eye Mercantile in Avon, Montana.  It's a cute little quilt store with antiques in the front and fabric in the back of the shop.  All the fabric is $8 a yard, except batiks, which are $8.50.  I picked out my fabric for my peony quilt.  The pattern I am using is the mystery quilt pattern from the hop.  It just seemed fitting to use it.

Green - Batik
 Dogwood Trail by Moda (benefiting the National Quilt Museum in Paducah for 20th Anniversary)
Whitewashed Cottage by 3 Sisters for Moda
Dogwood Trail by Moda

We were suppose to have a dark, medium dark, medium light, and light fabric selection for the mystery quilt.  I wanted soft pinks for the peony quilt.  I think I did ok with my selection for the quilt and myself.  And the design has almost a lattice-like effect, so it should be interesting.  Since it's suppose to be so hot this weekend, I will probably cut out and sew in front of the fan, trying to stay cool.


This batik peeked out at me and I had to buy a bit.  There might be some fussy cutting on this to include in La Pass or maybe a tote bag?  Not sure, but I wanted some.  I also picked up a couple of yards of plain white.  I realized I have no solids in my stash and I needed some white for a block I am contributing to a quilt, so I stocked up on white.


Purple - Simply Style by Vanessa Christenson for Moda
Birds - Family Tree by Deb Strain for Moda

The purple fat quarter I bought because, well, it's purple and I will probably fussy cut for La Pass.  Everything revolves around La Pass these days!  The birds I purchased because the quilt block I am making for a group quilt.  She likes bright.  But once I bought it, once again, it will probably go to La Pass and I am going to use this fabric for the block.  I think it's bright enough!

Mosaic by French Bulle for Wyndham Fabrics

I think this fabric and the white will make a really eye-popping combination.


Rosette #1 is almost complete.  I need to stitch the outer ring on and then it will be done.  I think it turned out pretty good and am looking forward to working on more of the rosettes.  Hopefully, I will make good headway on #2 this weekend in between cutting out fabric and stitching up the alphabet quilt to get it off my design 'wall'.




Comments

Popular Posts