Week in Review

It's been a bit of a weird week, but oddly productive on several fronts.

  • Received my replacement phone from Apple.  Was phoneless for a week, which was odd.
  • Saw my exercise coach.  Got a great suggestion for how to hydrate and two sets of flexibility exercises to work on for the next 4 weeks.  Flexibility, cardio, then strength is the line-up for the next 3 months.
  • Decided to do some hand piecing for quilts.  That resulted in my first fabric purchases in a year. 
  • Because of the quilt idea, I cleaned out and reorganized my closet and the front closet.
  • Walked 49,827 (so close to 50,000) steps or 22.78 miles
  • Finished 1 book
  • Completed 2 rounds on Sophie afghan
  • Celebrated Texter's birthday
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Saw a bit of the Spring Art Walk in downtown Helena.  Found an artist I really like, Brenda Wolf.  Check out her bird paintings.
  • Ordered my Millefiori Quilts book and eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
  • Printed off and cut out some of the papers I need for piecing La Passacaglia
  • One of my tomato plants has a baby tomato on it, despite the cool temperatures we have been having the past week.
The picture above are 8 centers to the quilt.  The pattern calls for the center to be pieced, but several people have gone with one fussy cut (that's when you deliberately cut out a piece of fabric to highlight an element on it) for a center.  My 'new' fabric is the heron (top row, 2nd from the left), the black and white flower, and the two women on the ends.  The other four are from fabric I had in my stash already.

One thing I learned from my 'organizing' is that I have way more fabric than I thought I had.   I have enough for several quilts without buying much of anything else.  As I went along, I made a list of project where I have the materials for it, but haven't started it yet.  Then a second list of project where I have started them and stopped.  Hopefully, I will start knocking some of those WIP's out shortly.  Some of them are such I can gather things up and then set up the sewing machine for just a few hours to complete it.

But the coming week is going to be interesting.  We are going to MisCon 29 in Missoula for the Memorial Day weekend.  Due to dogs (and no hotel rooms) we are driving back and forth every day, which is a bit of a bummer with Lady K a little prone to car sickness.  On the other hand, I have several writing panels I will be sitting in on, while Texter and Savvy attend other panels and just socialize.  We are playing 'tag-you-are-it' with Lady K during the convention.  

One good thing about driving back and forth is that I found out about a spring which they have capped where you can stop for some really good water.  Have several containers standing by for fill-up.  

The convention will also give Savvy 4 days off, in a row, from work.  Poor thing has been going in on her days off to fight fires, so to speak.  So she will get to dress up in garb and just relax a bit at the end of the week.  But knowing her, she will be in contact with work the whole time.

So off for another cup of coffee (after drinking some water) and some stitching and crocheting.  I have writing group this week and my nonfiction book group before I get four days off work to play too.  And get a book signed by Terry Brooks.

Comments

Popular Posts