Joys of a Writing Group

At the end of the year I finally decided to 'come out of my isolation' and create a writing group.  While it is not standing room only for the privilege of writing with me, there is a pretty solid core group of participants.  And they lend a wide variety of styles and information. "Writing Buddies!" People who understand the pitfalls and perils of the written word.

Another good thing about the writing group is we are all pretty much on the scifi/fantasy roller coaster.  Which leads to some good discussions.  Like comparing the TV show "Babylon 5" to Tolkien. Which means I am awaiting the loan of the complete series to watch.  

image courtesy of i09.com
I have gone through 'Star Trek', for the most part.  Texter just finished up 'Supernatural' and is currently on 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' (Spike is mine!).  

I have more than just a passing interest in sitting down and watching the series.  It means I can knit!  And boy, do I have knitting to do. I need to finish up my Dr. Who scarf.  I have the yarn for a pair of socks (yep, again socks - let's see if I finish it up).  I need to crank out a piece for a friend. 

I figure knitting is fairly safe from Lady K's assistance.  Much more than if I set up a table for sewing.  That will be my next adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts