Instagram Challenge Day 6 - Best Feature

This, once again, is a tough one.  It means focusing on my physical self (since I can't actually take a picture of my brain).  And I had to think about it long and hard as I am not too fond of any of my features.

I have nice hands, most of the time.  There are days when I think my fingers look like sausages, but most of the time my fingers are long and strong and capable.  Then there are my feet.  But my left foot has this really nasty bunion from years of wearing heels that were too small for my foot.  My left foot is a bit larger than my right.  And when you wear a size 10 in women's shoes....well, for years I was lucky to find any shoes that size.  My eyes...well, considering I wear glasses and have an eye that turns in, not so much.  I have 'battled' with my eyes my entire life, trying to downplay them.

So I settled on my hair.


For the majority of my life my hair has been short.  I did go through a period or two where I let it grow out, but for the most part, it has always been short.  And thick.  And until the past several years, a nice, dark brown.  But with age, children, job, genetics, it has slowly turned grey.  

Not the wonderful silver that my mom's hair turned at 30, but my dad's salt-and-pepper.  Now becoming more salt than pepper.  But thick.  And hot in the summer (hence, keeping it short).  If genetics hang in there, I won't have to worry about 'old-lady-pink-scalp' in my latter years.  And I do see it becoming more and more grey as of recent months.  Which I would prefer, rather than this mixture I currently have.

So my best feature is my hair.  Over the years I have permed it (had a great afro about 1975) and colored it (had fuchsia stripes at one point in time).  But for the most part, I just leave it alone and trust it to sit there and do it's thing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts